EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIKE THRIFT SHOP LISTEN TO THIS SHIT!
seriously guys, listen to this
this sounds like the background music you’d hear in a movie as the camera leads you around a bustling marketplace in the 17- or 1800s and it leads to the sight of a bunch of sailors hoisting and tossing around a bunch of packages on a ship getting ready to set sail for adventure
Things that come to my mind when I hear this:
- Composers breakdancing
do you ever look around at the big crowds of people around you and realize everyone has a story and memories and family and troubles and achievements and a first kiss and a broken heart but you’ll never know any of it and every human life is really intricate and expansive but oh they’ve walked into a shop and you’ll never see them again and you’ll never know just what they were thinking
simple reference tools make a great amount of difference.
Mad scientists, philosophers, frenzy artists & sad poets.
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
I’m using this all year had to find it
Halle-leuh! *snaps finger sassily*
All of this.
I don’t understand the stress on being “politically correct” when some people don’t like saying “Happy Holidays. I also don’t understand the anger some people feel when they’re told or the wrong holiday. I say “holidays” myself and I’m a Christian and I don’t expect people to say “Merry Christmas” to me. Hell, I’d find it really cool if someone said “Happy Hannukah” or “Joyous Kwanzaa” to me actually.
Frollo saw Esmeralda as a demon. Quasimodo saw Esmeralda as an Angel. Phoebus saw her as Esmeralda. That is why Esmeralda fell in love with Phoebus.
Reblog to Join Secret Santa!
Okay so I believe a Secret Santa is in order!
I will send everyone who joins this a URL of another to send a lovely message to each day leading up to your reveal on Christmas! I will try to give you a person that has a similar blog to yours! :)
You can anonymously send then messages to make their day better and get to know them!
You have to reblog this though to become a part of it. I will send you your person as soon as I can then :)
Thanks guys! Let’s get this rolling!